Rare greier. Veldig rare greier.
Jeg må løpe, så dette blir en rask sak: Under finner du den nye traileren fra Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove. Dette er en oppfølger til de Roguelike-inspirerte actionspillene for Sega Mega Drive, der vi følger to rappere fra det ytre rom som har krasjlandet på jordkloden. Jeg har aldri spilt dem selv, men spesielt originalen regnes som en kultklassiker.
Back in the Groove skal kombinere de beste elementene fra de to tidligere spillene i serien, og kommer blant annet med sofaflerspiller for to, massevis av ny musikk (13 «remakes» og 13 nye låter), ni spillbare figurer og mye mer.
Lanseringen skal finne sted i 2017. Her er traileren, og under finner du skryteteksten fra spillets Steam-side:
Yo! Check it out… ToeJam and Earl are back on Earth once again, getting funky and running from those crazy Earthlings. Deja vu! (deja vu!) Here’s the basics… TJ decides it’s a good idea to “borrow” the Rapmaster Rocketship from Lamont (no point waking him up, right?), so he and Big E. can take Latisha and Lewanda out for a joyride. While they’re in orbit around Earth, maybe showing off just a little, TJ tells Earl to crank the bass on the speakers and “Press the RED button!” Unfortunately, that’s the button that says: “Black Hole – Do Not Press!!” (Doh!) You can pretty much guess the rest, TJ and Earl once again find themselves searching for the pieces of their Rocketship, collecting power-up presents left lying around by Santa, and dealing with the less-than-rational human beings.
Back in the Groove is a mash-up of the very best features from the classic console games (that’s one and two, y’all), with a pile of new features thrown in. The goal is to give old skool TJ & E fans a pure blast of funky nostalgia, and give new players a taste of the light-hearted, co-op play that is TJ & E.
- Nine playable characters including: TJ and E, Latisha, Lewanda, GeekJam, Peabo, and Earl’s mom, Flo.
- Randomly generated stacked levels, just like game one, but now you can see down!
- Lots of secret locations (yes level 0 is there too!), and new terrain types.
- A TON of funky music. 13 remakes of old favorite songs and 13 new songs in the same old skool funky style.
- A dynamic split-screen for couch co-op play, as well as online play – supports up to 4 players!
- Randomly generated, improved Hyperfunk Zone allows for multi-player co-op too!
- A huge number of new presents, Earthlings, player character stats, character-specific dialogue, permanent power-hats, and many features that enhance cooperative play and make this the best Toejam and Earl yet!